Friday, November 28, 2014

HOW TO: SEASONAL TRENDS

This week has been a little bit hectic, and that's the reason - plus it's really pouring down out there - I didn't post a look. Since, it's Winter time, and I can't find a moment - or someone - to shoot - and trying to solve this problem - I though I will talk about Seasonal Trends.

Law school on one hand, and trying to do the most of my blogger journey, I usually spend a lot of time on online shops as Asos, Topshop and even Zara or Shopbop.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one in the game of Wishlists - I have a wishlist for every trend and I know that even if I can't afford everything, I will spend some time to decide which piece I need in my wardrobe. I developed a bunch of rules I live by when it comes to shopping online and especially when it comes to the subject of "what do I need". It's just so nice to have all my "wanted" pieces of clothes on one page, so I just know what I'm looking for. So, I wanted to share with you my personal favorite items for the season.


P E N C I L  S K I R T

I've always had trouble to wear with confidence a pencil skirt. This kind of skirt could be very treacherous for your shape. I've been starting to like them a little more since I found out which ones enhance my silhouette without making me shorter than I am already. You need to pick a sleek plain pencil skirt which is not too tight as a bodycon dress is. I was literally scrolling through my personal favorite online shops and some blogs when I found this one from The Fifth and from Mango - which I got, and I can't wait to show it to you. There are so much I would love to show you so you can pick the best for your own shape - it's a must have for me, even if Winter is right around the corner. I love wearing one with a big jumper, and play with the cut and shapes of those two pieces. Don't you agree that printed one or lace one are just the best thing ever?





 S I X T I E S

The thing about Fashion Month is that you're get all excited about new trends. Rule #2 concerns those type of trends: when you know that you won't wear a specific outfit or piece of clothes on a period of two years, you know that it's a trend that won't last, at least for you. Some trends are very not attractive, but some are quite exciting - and that's the case for the Sixties trend. I love wearing cute sleek cut dresses, which will enhance your shape in a way you didn't imagine. The power of clothes can be sometimes pretty amazing.

Little pastel sequins dresses or dresses with a scuba high neck are quite the thing I'd love to wear. What about a really 60s inspired checked duster coat? I'm trying not to buy all of those things, trust me I'm finding this pretty hard.





N O R M C O R E 

At first, I was pretty skeptical about this trend, because I though it was quite "mean" if you know what I mean, for the people who don't care about what they're wearing.
Then, I started to embrace this all new trend for just one reason - it's so easy, chilly style, that without a doubt, I'll wear those kind of thing everyday because I know that's perfectly in accord with what I love about Fashion. The perfection of this trend for me, lies in the fact that it's timeless. And that's the rule I follow when it comes to my wardrobe - and maybe it's my Parisian sense of life which's talking... Wear a long sleeves grey dress and you're up to go! Normcore says 'I have soul and intelligence. I'm unique and I don't need to shout about it."













A  L L   B L A C K    
E V E R Y T H I N G 

As a matter of fact, living in Paris is quite nice, but when Winter is finally here, all you want to do - and I bet it's the case for everyone living in Europe - is snuggling under a big fluffy cover and never get out until Spring is back. 
I guess that's the reason why all I want to wear is black. Black is essential, and it's so easy to dress in the morning when all you have to throw is a pair of ripped black jeans, some booties and cute little button down shirt.

For what it's worth, I'd wear this kind of outfit everyday - but since I can't, I try to vary and I got my inspiration from website like PinterestLe 21èmeWhoWhatWear, and bloggers like Harper and Harley or Zanita.







Plus, it's finally BLACK FRIDAY - Cancel everything, Asos is having get 20% off EVERYTHING with code CYBERWKND20
Valid until December 2nd 9am. 
RIVER ISLAND has 20% off EVERYTHING also with TREAT28 !

1 comment:

Disqus